Role of School Regions
- Read the Information for NSW DoE School Regions document
- Liaise with schools to ensure the Application to Establish a School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship form is completed including student needs assessment.
- Liaise with schools to ensure the Employer Questionnaire and Checklist for potential employers of a school based trainee is completed.
- Confirm the appropriate HSC VET course for the school based training component from this website or the NESA website - Vocational Education and Training (Stage 6)
- Check that RTO is aware they need to deliver training that complies with the NSW Board of Studies HSC guidelines and course descriptions, including preparation for the optional HSC exam.
- Sign and approve the training plan prepared by the RTO. Check and confirm that the training plan complies with Board of Studies course requirements.
- Attend sign-up meeting where possible, and ensure that the student is provided with a Contacts Card and Record of Attendance at Work booklet at the sign-up meeting.
- Provide advice to all parties about the notification process and Incident Report for any grievances, issues or concerns.
Questions & Answers